Friday, January 11, 2008

Children's children are a crown to the aged

In Proverb 17:6a, it tells us that our grandchildren are a crown to us. This is so true! Each child is a precious gem that fits perfectly in the Crown of Life. Though genetic may bind them together, each is perfectly different in their own way.

In them , the Fruit of the Spirit: love,joy,peace,patience,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentleness and self control; have been displayed from one time or another. Also, in them I have seen great compassion for the sick and the needy. I have heard their prayers and seen the faith they have that God will answer those prayers.

I often think of the Apostle Paul's words not to dismiss one because of their youth. I am certain as Paul was that God intend their youthfulness to be used for the Kingdom. I am encouraged by what I see whenever I look into their beautiful bright faces. I am encouraged by the questions they ask and their seeking God early.

In the scriptures, it say to seek God early while He may be found. This could be early morning: but it could also mean to seek Him in childhood when your heart is open and your mind has not been jaded by the world. At a time when your spirit is quite and gentle so that you might hear with both your heart and ears. For it is at this time, we are told we will find Him.

I am blessed that my children have encourage their children to seek God and begin their journey with HIm.

What a crown this old gal has thanks to God,our Father!

No comments: