Friday, February 8, 2008

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm;but learning to dance in the rain"

Life from time to time seems to bring storms our way. These storms might be anything from financial problems,marital problems or a testing of our faith. These storms sometime are mild reminders that life can change just as easy as a breeze can turn into a full gale. Sometimes these storms pull up by the roots beliefs or ideas about life and faith that one may have.

Any rate, each storm bring on trials. Testing where you must trust God that whatever has happened: has happened for a purpose. When the storm comes, we immediately want to retreat from it. We hide ourselves looking for a safe place until the storm has passed. This is human instinct.

But what if? What if we decided to embrace the storm and learn the rythm of the rolling thunder,wind and lighting? What if we lift our hands toward the clouds and begin to praise our common Creator? Begin to seek out God as our dance partner and place ourselves into His embrace, abandoning our fears and trusting that He will guide us through the storm .

If we were to practice this dance over and over, would we then run toward the sound of the thunder and begin to look forward to the dance that would bring us closer to our Partner ,God?

I for one have yet learned how to abandon all fears when the storms come;but I am learning. I may not begin to dance at the beginning of the storm; but at some point, I place my hand in God's. When I do the rain is more gentle and taste sweeter and I wonder why did I struggle.

2 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

yes, i want to learn to dance in the storm, definitely not there yet though :) one day.

Mandy said...

Oh to be able to dance through all life's storms - not there yet either but I think God is trying to teach me. This reminds me though of the song by Casting Crowns called Praise Him in the Storm and one called Jesus Bring the Rain by Mercy Me. they have both meant a lot to me.