Thursday, May 14, 2009

Changes

This seems to be a season of change. Even if the change is a time of moving forward and should be happy: there is a hint of bittersweet as well.

I have never done exceptionally well with change. As a child it usually brought a feeling of loneliness or a feeling of out of place. As a teenager, I dreaded it because it usually meant that my comfort zone would be invaded or perhaps all together destroyed. I never could quite trust that change would bring something better. All I knew was that it was different: sometimes it was different good and other times it proved to be what I dreaded.

Now as an adult, I do not fear change as much, simply because I am quite certain who holds my past, present and future. I am more than certain that no matter what comes, God will be there with me. As a child, He was with me in the loneliness and as a teenager, He was there in the awkwardness of me trying to fit in and finding my way in life.

Every feeling that I ever had and still have, God is there covering it with His wisdom and love.

No comments: