Saturday, December 20, 2008

Coming to the end of the year

Every year about this time, I get reflective. I think about what happened in the year: the usual why did it happen, how did it happen and what would I have done differently in the circumstance.

So much happened in this past year that I have had a lot to meditate on. The answer I come up with most is that I should have taken my situations to God faster instead of trying to take care of things on my own.

I must confess that this has been a year of more joyous things than sorrowful. This has been a year in which God has shown Himself greatly to our family on a whole. Sure the economy is not where anyone would want it to be world wide; but with God as the source of our life, we can find contentment in living with little as we have when there was much.

One thing I know for sure God is still God and He is unchanging. His love for His children does not go up and down like the stock market nor does He need a "bail out" to keep His Kingdom moving forward. All He needs is willing hearts, who realize that all things begin and end with Him. In the in between, we have great blessing of His presence.

I am hopeful and look forward to the coming year, not because of a new presidency or any promises made by man. I a hopeful because of Who God is and what His promises are toward His children. I pray that you all will find blessings in your life whether you have little or much.... Just remember , our God is the King of a great Kingdom and our blessings, true blessings come from His heart to us.

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

No comments: